It's getting tight in the W-League and Round 7's results added to the congested race for the Top 4 finals placings.

Melbourne Victory 4 - 0 Adelaide United

After struggling for goals in the last couple of weeks, Natasha Dowie and Melbourne Victory found their scoring boots

Adelaide United started the match well putting the home side under pressure early.  Makenzy Doniak forced Casey Dumont into action with her long range effort tipped over the bar by the custodian.

Adelaide paid for that miss in the 11th minute when Angela Beard fired in a corner with the ball turned home after a goal line scramble.

On the half hour Victory had a second when Dowie found space on the right wing before finding South Korean international Jeon GaEul.  The midfielder fired home for her first W-League goal of the season.

Four minutes later Lia Privitelli made is three when she got on the end of Christina Gibbons’ well weighted ball  before outpacing the Adelaide defence and slotting past Willacy.

After the break Melbourne Victory added a fourth when another Angela Beard corner caused problems for United with Dowie heading home for her 16th goal for Victory.

Western Sydney Wanderers 1 - 3 Sydney FC

Sydney FC continued their W-League resurgence as they claimed their third win in a row thanks to victory over the Wanderers.

The Sky Blues started the encounter in commanding form and went close to scoring early through the energetic De Vanna.  Ellie Brush was called into play when De Vanna almost latched onto a through ball with the Wanderers captain clearing the danger.

The reprieve didn't last for long when Teresa Polias played in De Vanna.  The striker let loose a drive which was well saved by Whyman but only into the path of Remy Siemsen, who buried the rebound ball.

Two minutes later the Young Matildas striker had her second when she cut inside the Wanderers defence before firing home past her Young Matildas teammate Whyman into the far post.

The Wanderers were given a lifeline before half time when Western Sydney's key creative force Lo'eau LaBonta's drive was adjudged to have been handled in the box. Captain Brush stepped up with an emphatic finish to halve the deficit.

The second half saw a more disjointed affair with Sydney FC missing the energy of Chloe Logarzo who was subbed off before the break.

However, the Sky Blues remained largely unthreatened and De Vanna sealed the win when she dispossessed Whyman to add to her Sydney FC tally.

The Wanderers had some activity in front of the Sydney goal late but the Sky Blues defence were able to clear most of any possible danger.

Melbourne City 2 - 1 Canberra United 

The combatants of an epic W-League semi final last season, Melbourne City and Canberra United were both searching for key points on Sunday afternoon.

A scrappy start saw City slowly take the ascendancy as the match progressed and the opened the scoring through Jess Fishlock.

The midfield pressure saw Fishlock dispossess Canberra United before a neat 1-2 set her up in space.  The attacking midfielder made the most of the space firing past Seattle Reign teammate Haley Kopmeyer in goal.

Canberra United were soon level in the 19th minute when another defensive mistake for City saw goalkeeper Lydia Williams play the ball directly into the path of Michelle Heyman with the striker making the most of the gift.  It marked the 50th Canberra United goal for for the W-League's all time leading goalscorer.

The second half continued to be a physical affair with tackles flying in but it was City who kept their composure best.

Yukari Kinga and Kyah Simon went close to combining for the go ahead goal but Kinga's lofted ball was out of the reach for Simon to gain real purchase.

10 minutes from time, City grabbed the well deserved winner with Simon and Kinga again involved in the action to put through Fishlock. The Welshwoman calmly finished to give City a deserved lead.

Late in the piece City had a moment of anxiety when in the final minute Ellie Carpenter force Williams to top the ball onto the crossbar.

The win sees the defending champions move back into the Top 4.

Brisbane Roar 0 - 3 Newcastle Jets

In a top four battle, a first half blitz from the Newcastle Jets saw them take out the points on the road to Brisbane Roar.

While Brisbane controlled much of the tempo of the match, the Jets were more clinical in front of goal.  Arin Gilliland opened the scoring in the 15th minute when Mackenzie Arnold rushed out to clear a long ball.  Gilliland reacted to the clearance and put an effort over the stranded Arnold.

In her first start Emily Gielnik was active and played in Hayley Raso with Britt Eckerstrom making the save.  Next Gielnik played in Tameka Butt but again her shot was claimed by Eckerstrom

15 minutes later, against the run of play, Gilliland doubled the lead when she got onto the end of a counter attack slotting home from inside the penalty area.

Eight minutes later the Chicago Red Star had her second W-League hattrick with a cool finish just before half time.

The second half saw the Roar continue to press on the Jets goal with several Roar players struggling to get past Eckerstrom in goal.

Brisbane thought they had pulled one back in the 72nd minute when Raso netted only for the goal to be pulled back for offside.

The home side kept surging but the Jets defence continued to frustrate the Roar with the Jets holding on for a win.

The victory saw Newcastle leapfrog Brisbane into second place on the table.