The Women's Game has been selected as a finalist for the Sport Australia Media Awards.
The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in Melbourne early next year.
The Sport Australia Media Awards (#SportAUSMediaAwards) have been running since 2002 and are Australia’s only awards dedicated to recognising excellence in sports journalism, broadcasting, production and photography.
The ceremony will also honour a new recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award for sports journalism, last awarded to Debbie Spillane.
Congratulations to all of the #womeninsport journalists including:
Best individual sport coverage – broadcast
- Kelli Underwood, Fox Sports and ABC
- Lucy Zelic, SBS
Best individual sport coverage – digital
- Mary Konstantopoulos, Ladies Who League
Best sport profile – print
- Konrad Marshall, ‘Second serve: The stunning rise of Ash Barty’, Fairfax Media
Best depiction of inclusive sport
- Emma Race, ‘The Outer Sanctum Podcast’, ABC Radio
- Lauren Day, ‘Inner Demons – sacrificing it all for the AFLW’, ABC 7.30
- Jennifer Browning, ‘Bush Footy’, ABC News
Best coverage of sport for people with disability
- Denise Reardon, ‘Soldier On’, The Golf Show, Fox Sports
- Lauren Day, ‘Dylan Alcott out to make disability sexy’, ABC 7.30
Best regional, rural and suburban sport coverage
- ABC Heywire (Darliah Killer, Kudamba Abaas, Jarrod Darlow, Emma Murray), ‘What regional sport means to young people’, ABC Radio, TV and Online
Best contribution to sport via digital media
- Surfing Australia, ‘mySURF.tv’
- Patrick Galloway, ABC News, ‘Dani Stevens – The Science behind the perfect discus throw’
- thewomensgame.com, ‘The Women’s Game’
- PlayersVoice, ‘PlayersVoice is Changing The Game’
- Fox Sports, ‘The Magic of the Cup: The FFA Cup’
Best sport profile – broadcast
Ben Waterworth, Denise Reardon, Dave Haworth, ‘Lauren Jackson – In her Element’, Fox Sports