The first game of the week in the NWSL saw the Orlando Pride take on the Utah Royals. The Pride who are still searching for their first win on the season got off to another slow start and saw the Royals go up 1-0 in the 19th minute. 

The Pride had a season high ten corners in the match but were unable to convert any of their chances and walked away from the game with another loss. The 1-0 defeat has Orlando in the last place with a 0-3-1 record and the victory for the Royals has them in second place with a 2-0-0 record.

Alanna Kennedy and Emily van Egmond both played a full 90 minutes for the Pride. Kennedy had two shots on goal and van Egmond recorded 3 corner kicks for the squad.

The second game of the week had Sky Blue FC hosting the Portland Thorns. Sky Blue took an early 2-0 lead over the Thorns scoring in the 6th and 18th minute.

After the Thorns were able to settle into the game they managed to net a goal in the 32nd minute.

A mere two minutes later the Thorns found the equalizer. For the second game this season Caitlin Foord was able to cross the ball from the right side of the field into her teammate, Tobin Heath, who backheeled the ball past the goalkeeper.

The four goals in the first half would be all the game saw, awarding each team a point for the tie. The Thorns sit in fourth place with a record of 1-0-2 and Sky Blue now have a 0-2-1 record which puts them in eighth place.

Foord and Carpenter go a full 90 minutes in the game for Portland while Hayley Raso still looks to join the team with her visa pending.

The Houston Dash travelled to the defending NWSL champions, NC Courage, for their week 3 matchup. The Courage proved they’re the team to beat once again this season, scoring four goals by four different players ultimately having a 4-0 lead late in the game.

The Dash were able to avoid the shutout when Kyah Simon was able to find her Dash teammate, Rachel Daly, making a run down the right side of the field. Simon’s through ball reached Daly just outside the 18-yard box where Daly cut the ball to her left foot and launched the ball into the side netting for a goal.