Heyman leading the lines for the Mariners | (Credit: Cam Wheeler)
The second season of the Westfield W-League continued an exciting new era in women’s sport with stars of the games recognised for their outstanding contribution at the Westfield W-League Awards in Sydney, today.
Six players, two teams, one referee and two coach were amongst those honoured.
“We are very pleased with the second season of the Westfield W-League. It further cements the place of football for women and girls in the sporting landscape and gives talented female athletes a strong domestic competition,” said Buckley.
Westfield W-League Awards
- Julie Dolan Medal: Player of the Year: Michelle Heyman, Central Coast Mariners
- Players’ Player of the Year: Samantha Kerr, Perth Glory
- Goalkeeper of the Year: Jillian Loyden, Central Coast Mariners
- Young Player of the Year: (tied) Elise Kellond-Knight, Brisbane Roar and Ellyse Perry, Canberra United
- Coach of the Year: (tied) Stephen Roche, Central Coast Mariners and Ray Junna, Canberra United
- Referee of the Year: Kate Jacewicz
- Golden Boot: Michelle Heyman
- Goal of the Year: Samantha Kerr, Perth Glory – Round 8, Perth Glory v Sydney FC
- Hat Trick Award: Michelle Heyman, Central Coast Mariners – Round 7, Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners and Tameka Butt, Brisbane Roar – Round 10, Newcastle United v Brisbane Roar
- Fair Play Award: (tied) Sydney FC and Canberra United