Adelaide Strikers have been boosted by the re-signing of Australian Test bowler Amanda Wellington.
Wellington, who will be in her fourth season with the side this upcoming season, has signed until the end of season 2020-21.
“I’m very happy to be staying home in Adelaide for another three seasons,” Wellington said.
“The Strikers have got a great bunch of girls together, made up of impressive local and international talent. Let’s hope we can go even further this year after making the semi-final last season," she said.
The 21-year-old was the joint lead wicket-taker for the Strikers last year with 17. Alongside this, the legspinner has played 12 ODIs, eight T20Is and made her Test debut in 2017 in the Women’s Ashes series, where she took two wickets.
“Amanda has had a lot of WBBL and international experience already so it’s an exciting prospect to think about how she will develop further with us over the next few years,” Head Coach Andrea McCauley said.
The 2018/19 WBBL competition will start on December 1.