Brisbane Roar have kept the heat on W-League leaders Sydney FC, thumping Perth Glory 4-0 to close within two points of top spot.

A week after thrashing Sydney 4-1 to end their unbeaten start to the season, Brisbane snared their fifth consecutive win to put further pressure on the Sky Blues - who have a game in hand.

New Zealand international Olivia Chance opened the scoring for Brisbane when she ripped a sensational long-range shot into the top corner in the 22nd minute.

Matildas winger Emily Gielnik chipped Perth goalkeeper Lily Alfield from just beyond halfway to double the lead in the 26th minute, then clinically snared her brace in the 50th minute - and her eighth goal of the season - to take outright top spot in the golden boot standings.

Then, in a feel-good story, forgotten Matildas forward Larissa Crummer - playing her first W-League game in 758 days after a career-threatening broken leg - came off the bench and rounded out the win with a late tap-in.

"It was unbelievable," Crummer, 25, told Fox Sports.

"I mean, I was happy to just get on the field - let alone a goal - it was unbelievable."

The game was Perth's second in four days as the Glory look to quickly catch up on a fixture backlog caused by border restrictions.

Earlier on Sunday, Sydney held on for a 2-1 win over Adelaide United.

Remy Siemsen headed home a Teresa Polias corner in the 40th minute, with Cortnee Vine putting away another header from a Polias corner eight minutes later.

Adelaide's Matildas McNamara kept the Reds in the match when she scored a 65th-minute header.

Sydney goalkeeper Jada Whyman denied Adelaide's Maria Jose Rojas with an excellent save in the 78th minute to seal all three points.

On Saturday, Melbourne Victory kept hold of third place with a well-worked 2-0 away win over Newcastle.

American centre-back Kayla Morrison opened the scoring with an excellent looping header from distance in the eighth minute, with countrywoman Catherine Zimmerman doubling Victory's lead in the 30th.

Jets midfielder Rhianna Pollicina was sent off for receiving a second yellow card in the 93rd minute.

On Thursday night, Western Sydney beat Perth 1-0 courtesy of Irish forward Julie-Ann Russell's 45th-minute strike.