Due to yesterday's extreme heat, the fixture was moved from Sunday afternoon to the unusual time of a Monday morning 9.30am kickoff.

The Jets had the bye last round, and made the most of their free time as the side spent the weekend on the Gold Coast and played two friendlies against the Chinese national side. 

China triumphed 2-0 and 5-0 in these matches as Jets coach Craig Deans used the fixtures as an opportunity to give his squad some extra match fitness ahead of the business end of the W-League season.

The hosts were already without injured American import Taylor Smith and suspended Matilda Larissa Crummer, but were dealt a further blow as striker Katie Stengel missed the game through injury. In Stengel's absence, Pana Petratos was handed her first W-League start, while Teigan Collister and Cortnee Vine also came back into the starting lineup.

The visitors from Adelaide named an unchanged lineup after enjoying a 3-2 victory over league leaders Melbourne Victory in their last outing, and knew 3 points today would send them to 2nd on the table heading into the new year.

Despite the morning kickoff, the match was still played under sweltering conditions as the temperature hovered around 27 degrees shortly before kickoff.

The temperature had an obvious affect on the players as the first half got off to a slow start with neither side able to mount any meaningful pressure, but in the 21st minute, an innocuous long ball saw the home side hit the front.

There appeared to be no immediate danger as a hopeful long ball was played in behind the Adelaide defence, but Adelaide goalkeeper Sarah Willacy's decision to come and clear the ball proved costly as Teigan Collister showed great pace to beat Willacy to the ball before cooly rolling the ball into the empty net from an acute angle.

Trailing at the break, Icelandic striker Fanndís Fridriksdóttir came on for the visitors at halftime and took barely 10 minutes to level the scores with an excellent strike as she cut in onto her right before smashing the ball past Jets custodian Britt Eckerstrom in the 57th minute.