It is just under a month until the second edition of the Women's State of Origin gets underway.
This year’s rivalry will be played on June 21 at North Sydney Oval and will feature a double-header, with the next generation of Queensland and New South Wales players taking the field in an under 18s match, before the two Origin sides.
“Three years ago there was no elite girls’ rugby league competition for this age group,” NSW coach Andrew Patmore said.
“There has been a massive improvement in that time and it has broadened the base of quality players to choose from for the women’s premiership and Origin in general.”
The inaugural Women's State of Origin saw 6,824 passionate fans came out to watch the New South Wales Blues lift the shield at North Sydney last year.
“Last year’s match was an incredible spectacle that inspired many sports fans across the country,” Maroons coach Jason Hetherington said.
“While we were disappointed not to get the win, the performance has provided a great platform for us moving forward.
"Our players have come a long way in a short space of time; and I expect to see even more improvement following the work they’ve already put in through our club competitions and QRL development programs."